Neon Happy Hour & Fremont Street Experience
Join us at the magic hour, for a spirited trek around the neon delights of Las Vegas. Enjoy classic cocktails and hear stories about the rise of this legendary city as we take a stroll down historic Fremont Street, gazing up at remarkable displays of dazzling neon. By the end of this tour, you’ll know why Vegas is internationally renowned as the entertainment capital of the world!
Casinos, Characters, and Cocktails in Vegas Highlights
- Immerse yourself in what has defined Las Vegas nightlife both past and present – its neon lights!
- Take in the iconic and classic displays of historic neon in the heart of Fremont Street in Downtown Vegas.
- Hear original stories from your local guide about legendary casinos and larger-than-life characters, both past and present.
- Taste some of the best beverages and snacks in one of the funnest happy hour environments.
- Enjoy a spectacular light show on one of the largest video screens on the planet.
Inclusions: Local English-speaking guide, 2 beverages and a small snack. Beverage selection varies throughout the tour.
Exclusions: Additional food and drinks, souvenirs and personal shopping, tips/gratuities for your guide.
Local Impact: How you will help the local community by joining this tour:
- While the Downtown Container Park you visit on this tour is quite “touristy,” it is the centerpiece of the east Fremont neighborhood. The east Fremont neighborhood was developed when the shoe company Zappos invested 350 million dollars into creating a downtown that locals could be proud of.
- East Fremont is a collection of repurposed spaces including the shipping containers at Container Park, the “Sticker Room” (formerly a leasing office), Park on Fremont (a former barn in Nebraska which was moved out to Vegas and repurposed into an amazing restaurant) and the Fremont Country Club, now a concert venue which was previously the JC Penny’s in town.
- Your tour focuses heavily on coming up with unique ways to support local businesses and providing you with the most authentic view of what Las Vegas really means.
- Duration: 2.5 hours
- Downtown Container Park, Main Entrance (Near corner of Fremont St. & S. 7th St.), 707 Fremont St., Las Vegas, NV 89101
- Starting time: 6.00 PM
- Ending point: A location of your guide’s choice on Fremont Street.
Welcome to the City of Lights! Join us as we show you some of the most iconic neon creations in Downtown Las Vegas, all while enjoying some happy hour sips and treats along Vegas’ classic Fremont Street.
You’ll discover early on how the vivid lights of neon got their start as you reach the El Cortez. This classic hotel and casino is one of the oldest in town (originally built in 1941), one of the few casinos offering a full array of coin-operated slots – just like the good ol’ days. It has a deep connection to the mafia presence in old Las Vegas – once owned by a group that included notorious gangsters Bugsy Siegel and Meyer Lansky in 1945. If your guide decides to take you inside for your first drink, you’re in for a treat. Your neon happy hour tour begins outside the incredible Downtown Container Park. This modern take on a shopping center is built entirely out of repurposed shipping containers, Container Park plays host to boutique shopping, delicious eateries, art galleries, a soaring playground, and concerts and programming throughout the year. After your guide gives you a brief intro to the tour and the fascinating Fremont Street area, you’ll head out – ready for some happy hour fun!
Next, you’ll then turn down East Fremont Street, which boasts an impressive collection of classic and modern neon signs and vibrant displays. Everywhere you look you’ll see the glow of the lights, as your guide points out special signs and his/her favorite designs along the way. There’s so much to see both on and just off of East Fremont: bars, breweries, pop-up art installations, classic Vegas icons and some of the best people-watching in the world! Your guide will be sure to find a place for a drink that’s right up your alley. Who knows? Maybe you’ll get your drinks to-go, another the unique experience that Las Vegas allows.
As your guide leads you under the massive lights of Fremont St., you’ll get a chance to pass by attractions such as the newly-opened Cannabis Museum, a neon wall, and a neon-themed wedding chapel. As you walk down the street, watch zip-liners soar over your head and marvel at a giant martini glass-shaped bar (formerly a pool!). Your guide will share the history behind some of the classic neon signs you’ll see along the way, including, of course, the world-famous Vegas Vic of the Pioneer. You’ll also pass by the iconic marquees of the Golden Nugget and Binions. Both these hotels have been featured in many movies set in Sin City, so you’re sure to recognize them!
As part of your happy hour experience, you’ll enjoy a couple of happy hour drinks and a delicious snack with your guide. After drinks (or possibly with drink in hand) take it all in as you pause for a few minutes for a spectacular light show on the canopy strung above you on the street, known as the Fremont Street Experience. This dazzling production choreographs over-1,500 feet of lights with music from both decades past and today – a must see for Las Vegas visitors.
At the end of your tour, there are so many options to continue your epic night in Downtown Vegas. Perhaps you’ll head inside a nearby hotel for a final drink, or maybe follow your guide’s recommendation for dinner. Whatever your plans are after your tour, you’re sure to be radiating enthusiasm for all things Vegas!
Dress standard: Please dress comfortably and casually for warm or hot desert weather and wear comfortable shoes for walking.
Your Trip: For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
Confirmation of booking: If you have your voucher, your booking is confirmed. We’ll see you at the start point. Get in touch if you have any concerns or require more information via the email address or phone number (business hours only) on your voucher.
Closure of sites: In the event of road or attraction closures, your guide will do their best to work around the obstacles or take your tour to alternate locations.
Child Policy: Travellers under 21years of age are not permitted to join this tour.
Office phone number: +1 702-829-3442
Email address: [email protected]